Digital Marketing Training for New Businesses
Digital Marketing is the marketing of products or services using the internet, mobile phones, display advertising and any other digital medium. It enables organisations to interact with their target audiences in real time. It’s no longer just a different way to market, it’s something else! It has become an integral part of what a business is to its customers and if ignored, this can only be to the detriment of the business.
Let’s take a look at why digital marketing is so important:
1) It reaches huge volumes of people worldwide. 53% of the world’s population are internet users, and annual growth continues year-on-year:
2) Digital marketing makes it easier for young businesses to start competing. If managed correctly, smaller businesses with smaller budgets can still compete for the top spot on the search engine results page. We can pick apart demographics to specifically target particular audiences to give you highly targeted market groups. We can manage platforms, depending on requirements and create structured, targeted campaigns that will be seen.
3) Digital marketing allows for segmenting audiences, even down to the individual level.
4) Data collected using tools like Google Analytics allow businesses to really understand the users coming to their site. It can help determine how engaged your audience are with your content, whether they shared the content, whether they went on to do anything else on your site, whether it led to a sale or conversion, and so much more. From this, decisions can be made on content, structure, ongoing promotion and streamlining of campaigns.
5) Digital marketing is scalable. As a business grows, so can the marketing of it. Costs of campaigns are up to you and the budgets you have available at a given time, but even with the smallest of budgets, you can still see amazing results if effectively managed.
6) The return on investment of digital marketing campaigns is significant. Specifically, email marketing has the highest ROI of any marketing methods. It is the third most influential source of information for B2B audiences, behind only colleague recommendations and industry-specific leaders. Obviously small businesses need to stay cost-effective, and so determining the channel that generates the best ROI is key to initial success.
7) Digital marketing allows businesses to target audiences in ways that remain respectful and valuable. 20% of 16 to 34 year olds use an ad blocker online - they want relevant information that helps them make informed decisions; not be forced into watched commercials.
Here at Beyond Your Brand, we want to support those organisations that are still in their early days and are struggling to be seen by their desired audiences. We offer training sessions on a variety of digital marketing strategies. Contact us today to find out how we can help you